Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So much for those plans...

Big day today - whatever the outcome, at least the political calls and mailings will end!

Anyway, I woke up feeling less than stellar... I've been fighting off a cold, and even though I went to bed early I still felt wiped out this morning. We had a full day planned: vote (as long as the line wasn't too long), MOPS, lunch with a friend, then home (or back to vote if I hadn't been able to do it in the morning). Our son was excited to join in the fun since he has no school today. I briefly debated staying home, but knew I'd regret it if I did.

The kids and I were in the car by 8:22. I put the key in the ignition - and NOTHING.

Stink.

I called my friend to reschedule lunch (pushed to next Tues, when the kids are off school again for Veteran's Day), then called another friend to let her know I wouldn't be at MOPS. We took care of a few things here at home, then walked over to the school shortly after 11:00 so I could vote. I'm delighted to report that there was very little wait (and there was a long line this morning, at least according to the ladies working the registration table). So I did my civic duty, and we celebrated by stopping at 7-11 for slurpees.

So while things didn't go quite like I had planned, it was still a pretty good morning. I now need to finish putting away dishes (my kitchen was seriously in a deplorable condition), sort through a bit of paperwork. I'm guessing that our evening plans will now include purchasing a new car battery; we'll see what hubby discovers when he comes home from work. And through it all, I'm continuing to pray for our nation. Thought I'd share a blurb from a great email I received yesterday. Here are 10 things we can count on, regardless of the results of today's election:

1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.


Amen.

1 comment:

Shay said...

I got that list in an email too and really appreciated the perspective. :) Feel better!