Friday, July 10, 2009

Progress...

Can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted - sooooo much happening. The packers came yesterday and began dealing with all our earthly possessions. I think I'm developing an allergy to cardboard. Oh, and I miss having a couch! In one week, we will officially be homeless (for 3 days ;) and en route to our new home in TX. Still much to be accomplished, and I've not been sleeping well so it's all seeming a bit daunting right now. I know that God will get us through this crazy time, but there is still that human part of me that so easily gets overwhelmed. Hey, just the fact that we sold this house is a HUGE testimony to His faithfulness!

Yesterday as I was taking a break and doing a bit of blog reading, I came across the new "Salt" challenge on Prayer. What an encouragement! If you have a minute, check it out (and I promise you'll particularly like it if you're a bit crafty...)

So what else has been happening? Well, our son finished kindergarten. Our daughter learned to whistle - something her brother still can't do, and it's driving him crazy that his little sister can. Hubby was on another business trip to TX but and is now back home. Had all the inspections for this house (I swear, our township requires a certificate saying the certificate is valid!) and were amazed that we didn't have to spend a ton of dough "fixing" things. Once again, may I remind you that God is awesome?!? We've said the official good-byes to the few family members that live in this area. Friends have been helping out in so many little ways, and generally reminded us how blessed we are. Tons of other stuff, too, but frankly I just can't even think of them right now.

On a final note, how about some practical help. Check out this post for some little hints - I am definitely going to make a purse organizer (very easy, requiring only basic sewing knowledge or even glue skills!) and I am *SO* implementing the "sweater" organizer daily outfit plan for our daughter once we get settled into our new place.

Well, break time is over and I must do the final purging of our daughter's room before the packers start boxing up her trash (they packed my stash of grocery bags yesterday - how crazy is that?!) I have no idea when I'll post again - we'll be sans internet access for about a week, plus I have a hunch that I might be a bit busy once we arrive in TX.

Blessings to you!!

No comments: