Monday, January 31, 2011

Bowl = Comfort

When I'm not feeling well, I crave soup... just thinking about a bowl of steamy goodness makes me feel better. I've had an itchy throat for a few days, and this morning it was accompanied by achiness and a runny nose. Blech.

As I was puttering around the kitchen this morning, I started thinking about the single lonely salmon fillet I unearthed in the freezer this weekend, and then the idea of salmon soup came to mind. Mmmmmm. I cooked up some brown rice (and this way I have some ready-made for later this week - win win!) and threw the salmon under the broiler. I sliced up a couple carrots and a green onion, then simmered them in some broth (I keep Wyler's sodium free chicken bouillon in my cupboard for occasions such as this). A few shakes of fish sauce, some garlic & black pepper, and yesterday's peas finished things off.

I'm feeling better already! And yes, Mom, I'm taking Vitamin C, too :)

1 comment:

Shay said...

Sounds & looks good :)