Thursday, January 5, 2012

Here we go again!!

Whooeeeee!! A new year, and fresh resolve to be practically perfect... Uh, sure.

But 2012 HAS arrived, and we're kicking it off by saying buh-bye to urine sample walls. I know, I'd said we were holding off for awhile, but some friends have to rent scaffolding for another project, and the opportunity to save money by going halfsies on that meant we decided to go ahead and paint and update lighting fixtures.

The 2 samples at the top were my first 2 picks, but both looked terrible, so I went back to Home Depot & got three more samples in exactly the same color (hubby's reaction when I showed him the color swatches). I'm going to make my final decision tomorrow, but at this moment am leaning toward Sand Fossil. I ordered ceiling fans and a new pendant light from overstock - God seriously had those items waiting for us, as we scored some amazing deals (ever tried to find a light with at least 10 foot of wire that isn't approximately $3G?)

Kids are back in school and I'm thrilled to be returning to a somewhat constant rhythm. I still have a ton I hope to accomplish in the months ahead, and I've realized that I really have to be more disciplined with my time if I'm actually going to see any of those things come to fruition... those people that complain constantly - and when you happen to run into them 2 years later and they're still complaining about the same bloomin' issues - drive me nuts and I don't want to be counted in their ranks.

I need to continue in my quest to pare down and streamline - being surrounded by piles drains me, and our entire family functions better when there is more open space in our home. January will be all about our living room, and in Feb I'm going to attack the craft area (which is also an office of sorts).

I've even decided to be all hip & trendy and have a word of the year:

enough

It's not about stuff, family, food, church, or any of those other things I can chase after - it's about Christ and how He alone satisfies my soul.


Why is everyone hungry for more?
"More, more," they say. "More, more."
I have God's more-than-enough, more joy in one ordinary day than they get in all their shopping sprees.
At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, for you, God, have put my life back together.
Psalm 4:6-8, The Message

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

You totally crack me up with your color names!!!!

Trish D said...

To clarify: "urine sample" is my name entirely - I hate the awful dark, depressing yellow that the previous homeowners apparently thought was delighttful and used to cover 94% of the house

"sand fossil" is actually the true paint color name courtesy of Home Depot/Behr, and it's the grayish beige on the middle left