Monday, April 1, 2013

Pressing on

Sorry, but I still haven't done anything with those Disney pics - life has been extra busy. Yes, again.

The first day back at school after spring break, our son came home with substantial bruising on his arms.  He's had issues with 2 boys in his class throughout the school year.  I've talked to the teacher numerous times about several issues, including these boys AND the lack of structure in her classroom. (This photo was taken a couple days after the fact)

Obviously this event brought it all to a head.

I was on the phone with the Vice Principal, had several meetings, etc.

Oh, and in the midst of this we were also battling another round of lice (I'm assuming these were picked up among all the trying-on of Mouse Ears. Ewwwwww!!) so tons of combing and laundry. Also had a major church event.

Anyway, our son did change classrooms, and I've already noticed a wonderful change after just one week.

And then we celebrated his tenth birthday as well as Resurrection Day.

There have been tears, laughter, prayers, serious talks, and so much more crammed into these past two weeks.


I'm tired.  Still have a few more things to deal with in the next few days.  I feel rather beaten down and just need to focus on putting one foot in front of the other.

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. (Isaiah 40:31, Amplified)
Sometimes it's not about soaring -- how awesome that God knows that, and provides a sweet promise even as we're dragging...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about D, but glad he got to change classrooms. Poor kid! I would be storming the school after that!! Praying things smooth out soon.

Shay said...

Poor kid, that just sucks. Bullies suck, ughhhh, get so tired of that crap! I'm glad the new room is going better for him. I feel you on the dragging versus soaring. My husband calls it Survival Mode. ♥