So here are a few moments from the highlight reel (besides getting glasses)
- daughter took a container of baked beans out of the microwave, realized it was hotter than she thought, and dropped it in grand fashion. Result: mopping floor approximately 4 times, scrubbing wall, table, chairs, etc
- hot water heater died - I discovered this as I was trying to shower to get ready for church. It actually shorted out, so very thankful that we did not end up with a fire or flooding, but still a hassle to scramble to find people to cover "our" Sunday morning jobs, then get a new hot water heater. It's in a closet right between our bedroom and living room; it was a tight fit and we had to remove the trim pieces from the door just to squeeze the old one out. Thankfully we were able to find one exactly the same size locally, and hubby installed it within a couple hours
- remember how we bought the 2 male gerbils back in August? Well, today I made the very unexpected discovery that we actually have a male and a female. OUR CHILDREN ARE UNAWARE OF THIS - PLEASE DO NOT TELL THEM!! I ended up mildly traumatized by the fact that I unintentionally killed the newborn pups, and based on what I've read online we'll have a new litter in approximately 5 weeks, so at least we have some time to make a game plan.
- still fighting the evil, evil lice. Found a couple eggs when I did a final combthrough so completing another round of treatment just to be on the safe side. Grrrr. I am really tired of washing bedding, hoodies, etc. every bloomin' night.
- Our son cleaned out and organized my little kitchen closet pantry. Of his own free will. Without promises of new toys or extended bedtimes. I need to tweak a few things, but he really did a nice job.
- hubby's "big boss" flew into town this afternoon, so he'll probably be gone to dinner meetings for the rest of the week