Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ah, the joys of sharing on Facebook


  • Why would you have you FB name set to show your allegiance to a particular translation of the Bible?  (and no, it's not the original Hebrew/Greek)
  • If someone is sharing their heartbreaking life circumstances involving some very difficult decisions that must be made, do NOT leave a comment saying, "I'm going through the exact same thing!  I can't find a new primary care doctor."
  • I love that you got a new haircut, but you do not need to post 14 new selfies.  Every hour.  All week.  The same rule applies when you get a new pet, furniture, clothing, lipgloss, etc.
  • If you wouldn't feel comfortable saying your EXACT comment directly to the original poster's face, then DON'T POST IT.
(Dusting myself off, and stepping off the soapbox now).

Seriously, I love FB.  It is such a blessing to stay connected with friends and family who are thousands of miles away (or even just across town, but we just happen to have opposite schedules).  And admittedly I've been spending more time on there the past couple months due to the THM group.  But I'm now finding myself backing off a bit as my eyes are getting sore from too much rolling.  Yep, the never ending cycle...

No comments: