Thursday, January 2, 2014

Helloooooo 2014!

Last year's word was intentional... I had lots of good intentions but kind of lacked in the follow-through department.

But it's a new year, right?!

This year's single word: WHATEVER.

No, I'm not trying to be channel my inner 14 year old girl and be snarky.  As in Philippians 4:8

"...whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them]." (Amplified)

This verse really jumped out at me as we wrapped up the Philippians study last month.  Are those the things I'm focusing on, or am I worrying about stupid stuff (FYI, that's addressed in 4:6).

2014 is going to be lovely.  I've made substantial changes to my diet and am already seeing some results; it's pretty awesome not to be starting the year depressed about the number on the scale.  Still lots of things that need to be put in order around our house, but progress is being made.

And I'd like to think that possibly someday, someone might describe our family as lovely, kind, gracious, or worthy of praise.

w h a t e v e r.

No comments: