Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Funny

You may have heard that tomorrow is Valentine's Day :) Since I have an Italian surname, how about some thoughts on amoré...

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amoré.
When an eel bites your hand and that's not what you planned
That's a moray.
When your horse munches straw and the bales total four
That's some more hay.
When a New Zealand man has a permanent tan
That’s a Maori.
When Othello's poor wife, she gets stabbed with a knife
That's a Moor, eh?
When a Japanese knight used a sword in a fight
That's Sa...mur...ai.


Hey, I can hear the groans from here! So is anyone doing anything blissfully romantic tomorrow? Not much happening here at the D house. We'll be painting in the morning, shuttling son off to his last round of basketball, etc. We are planning to send the kids off to bed a bit early then make a nice meal just for ourselves and kick back for the evening. No presents, though. Well, unless you count the microwave as a joint gift :) Yep, ours went out with a loud pop last night as I was cooking vegetables for dinner. Considering we had it nearly 13 years I don't think we can complain much. I needed to run out last night anyway so stopped and picked a new one up. Hauled it in the house, got it all set up, tested it out... and the glass part wouldn't turn. How annoying! So that meant packing it *all* back up so I could return it this morning to pick up a new one. It's sitting on the table now - I haven't even opened the box yet, but you can be sure I'm going to give it a 10 second test run before setting it up in its final location!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blissfully romantic? What's that??? :) We are actually scheduled to go hang out with the Schwartz fam, and I think I might make a nice breakfast or something. Nothing much planned.

Shay said...

hardy har har!

No fancy plans here. T is working half the day. Probably just a quiet evening at home. We do have couples group on Sunday though. :)

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Your blog is always a pick me up :)

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The basketball video was too cute!

Hoping you like your new microwave...

Mr. T (or is it Mr. H?) and I worked out at the gym and then went to the Dump to check out their memory foam beds for V-day.

100 days...my they go by so fast!