Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Real Meaning of Easter

We had MOPS earlier this week, and our daughter's class made a little craft with jelly beans. As we were driving home, she was telling me that Jesus died on the cross for us. She chatted about this a bit, then paused to do some serious thinking. Her next words: "That must have really hurted."

Leave it to a 4 YO to sum it up so well! But seriously, it was a good reminder for me. I was raised in a church, and Jesus' death is something that I sort of take for granted. But what a wonderful thing to be able to talk about it with our children, to tell them that yes, it did hurt, but Jesus loves us so much that he chose to die.

We talked a bit more, and her final thoughts on the matter are that she is looking forward to living in heaven because then she won't get any more boo-boos ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids sure make you think about it in a whole new way. James has been asking me 'why? Why did they do that to Jesus? Why?'