Thursday, November 12, 2009

Catching Up

I admit the blog has been pretty quiet the past two weeks - just so much going on. We did get the laundry hallway done, but let's just say things weren't quite smooth sailing. When we moved the washer and dryer, the first discovery was that there was a shower in there at some point - and well, the drain that is now under our dryer was never closed off properly... that may explain where some of the crawly creatures have been coming in! And when we pulled the vinyl off the wall back there, we found mold. Ugh. Anyway, the short version is that the whole project took more time and $$ than we had anticipated - but hey, isn't that how it always goes with home improvement?! All that remains now is a final coat of white paint on the trim and wainscoting, and then I'll share pics.

Have also been spending a lot of time with our son - he struggled a bit with school last year, but I mostly chalked it up to being a full-day kindergarten when he'd never had any sort of formal class environment. Well, let's just say that those issues did not magically disappear, and quite honestly it's gotten even worse in the past week or so. We'd really appreciate your prayers on this - his teacher is really good and we're talking a *LOT* but it's still frustrating. It's not major stuff, but it's a constant issue. He's such a loving, smart kid and we just need to get his energy directed appropriately. Playing around with his schedule, diet, etc - please pray that I can be consistent and loving through the process, because quite frankly I'm not feeling that way right now.

And I'm off and running again...

Show me how you work, God;
School me in your ways.
Take me by the hand;
Lead me down the path of truth...
(Psalm 25:4-5 The Message)

No comments: