Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday, Monday...

First off: may I present our new hallway?!? I managed to get it painted (along with the accent wall in our living room) with the help of a friend while my hubby was gone last week. He was definitely surprised! Amazing how a bit of paint can totally transform the feeling of a space. It's much more calming, plus it frames out the fireplace/brickwork really nicely in the other room (I know, I still need to post pics... someday, someday!) My only issue now is that the 2 colors are too similar in depth of tone... but I will happily live with that for awhile :)

My parents arrive in approximately six hours, and I still have a number of things to finish up. Oh, and did I mention I can't talk? Yep, I've been fighting off a cold and now am being awfully quiet. My daughter thinks it's pretty funny, but I'm annoyed. I just want to feel better quickly so I can get on with my life. Getting sick just never happens at a convenient time, does it?!

Well, I'm off again, even if it is in slo-mo. I probably won't be posting much in the next couple weeks, and I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dapoppins said...

Hallway looks beautiful. How long did that take? Why do I have this idea that paint jobs took years?

Hope your Thanksgiving was great and you never got to sick to enjoy it.