Summing up the past few days:
- I've had a nasty cold for about a week, but am finally recovering (including having a voice). Thankfully I seem to have kept this little gem of a virus all to myself.
- Hubby and I are going to our first South TX wedding on Saturday evening. Well, actually we're only going to the reception because there's a three hour gap between the wedding itself and the evening's festivities, and no way we can pass our kids off onto someone else for that long. I'm sure I'll have plenty to share about that next week.
- Since we ARE going to a fancy shindig, I decided to color my hair. Remember that whole lice incident a couple weeks ago? Well *I* got them, too. It's unfair to have made it 39 years in life creepy-crawly free, only to get them passed on from a child, but I digress. Anyway, the treatment process stripped quite a lot of color from my hair, and the grey was looking quite pronounced. I broke out my two boxes of "burgundy brown" on Saturday afternoon, and did my normal thing. But guess what? Not only did the aforementioned treatment deplete my hair of old color, it made the new color sink it much faster than usual. Maybe I should've done a strand test :( The result is that my hair is waaaaaaaaay darker than desired, with some strands even having a definite black appearance. Maybe I should just embrace the goth look and buy a case of black eyeliner as well?! (I'm using clarifying shampoo and it is lightening, but it's still not quite what I had in mind...)
- Turned the news on at 6:20 this morning to hear the forecast. Current conditions were foggy, 79 degrees and 96 percent humidity, with a projected high of EIGHTY.SEVEN.BAJILLION.DEGREES. Ok, so maybe they didn't actually say the bajillion part, but seriously?!? It's February people, I shouldn't have to shave my legs every day! This is the time when we should be cuddled up in jeans, fuzzy socks, and cozy sweaters. Or not.
- In other breaking news: things you read online may not be entirely true. Shocking, isn't it?! I've read a few things on FB lately that just have me shaking my head. I happen to KNOW that some folks are portraying things quite differently than they happen in real life, and it kills me to not speak up and announce that they are delusional, self-involved frauds. I've chosen to unfriend or hide their status updates instead for my own emotional wellbeing.
Crazy lady signing off.