Thursday, July 11, 2013

Catching up: "Night at the Museum"

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't posted in awhile (oops, life is busy, y'all!!) so thought I'd share a couple updates.

The last week of school, our daughter participated in "Night at the Museum." She's in the GT (Gifted & Talented) program, and this is their annual event for the students to share what they learned.  It really is interesting, and I also love that it give the students a good opportunity to present to both kids and adults.  The 2nd graders do art; they studied a bit about 1 high profile artist from a variety of styles (Van Gogh, Warhol, Da Vinci, etc.) and created their own versions of one of the artist's works.  They all studied/created together, and then for this event they were paired up and presented about 1 particular artist.  A got Jackson Pollock, and did a great job reciting facts about his life.

On a funny note, she was determined to dress up, and chose to wear her Christmas dress. Sadly, the shoes she wore back in December no longer fit, but I had a pair of silver Mary Janes with a small heel stashed away in my closet in a larger size. As soon as she saw them, she was adamant that she wanted to wear them, even though they were a bit too big (so her feet were slipping). By the end of the night, she had a blister on her heel, and ended up walking to the car barefoot. I asked her if she wished she had worn different shoes, and she replied that no - even though they hurt, she wanted to look cute. Oh.my.lanta. this girl is growing up too fast!!

(Back later with more ramblings & pics!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is! All these kids who I remember as little bitty babies....I'm getting OLD! :)