Thursday, July 11, 2013

Current happenings!



The first pic is of the lime tree in our backyard - I snapped this back in April, and was thinking that we were going to have a bumper crop this summer as it was LOADED with buds.  My prediction came true - we've been enjoying our fresh limes for a few weeks, and yesterday the kids picked 79.  Wowzers. It's only about three feet tall right now, so I can only imagine how many more we'll be harvesting in a few years!  In other back yard news, the ants are bad this year.  We've had pop-up showers nearly every day for the past ten days or so - just enough that the grass stays really wet and makes it hard to mow.  Finally broke down and did it yesterday (it's usually D's job, but when it gets so long he has a hard time pushing the mower through the jungle) and the ants attacked my feet.  Sorry for the gross pic, but I wanted to document the swollen, nasty bites!




In house news: we got a new living room rug!  I'm officially insane, as I picked out an 8 foot circular fuzzy monstrosity that the kids ADORE.  I'd been looking for something for a few months, but everything I liked was over $600.  Um, not gonna happen!  I stumbled onto this one at less than 1/3 of the price, and was watching it - it went on sale one weekend, and I snatched it up.  I'm not loving the white fluff currently residing on our couches, but I'm hoping that goes away after a few more weeks.  I do love the brightness it adds - the brown floor, brick fireplace and olive couches aren't going away anytime soon, but the white rug helps balance it all just a bit.

And lastly, the kids are doing a little activity at the library this month - they painted the bobbleheads on Monday afternoon, and I just love how it totally captures their personality.  D said his "is from the 4th dimension" and that pile o' white paint you see is the big pile of melting ice cream.  Ooooookay then.  A tried very hard to make a cute girl, and was a bit frustrated that the heart on the shirt wasn't neater.

Nope, never a dull moment at our house! :)

No comments: