Friday, June 15, 2007

Anniversaries, and thoughts on married life

Eleven years ago today, my hubby and I stood at the front of the church and vowed to love one another, whatever might come. It's been over a decade, and I still can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else.

This morning, I was giving the kids a bath and our son pointed out that I was getting my ring wet. I assured him it was OK, and asked him if he knew who had given it to me. His answer:

"Daddy and Mary."

Time to clarify just a bit about being married.

4 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

we need to start praying for his teachers, NOW! too cute! Congratulations on your Anniversary!

Ivymamma said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so sorry I didn't get a card off. I've kind of fallen behind with that since May. Just know I am thinking of you today and fondly remembering that day 11 years ago. It was so beautiful! I think you should post a wedding pic!!!

Ivymamma said...

What a great pic!! This afternoon when I was doing dishes, Meredith alarmed told me my wedding ring was getting wet! I thought it was humorous since your son was concerned about the same thing! Must be the age!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Happy Anniversary!