Thursday, June 21, 2007

Shopping with a 4 YO

So yesterday we ran to the little grocery store right around the corner to pick up bread, eggs, and fresh fruit. Our little girl was sitting in the cart, and our son was walking beside me. Well, we finished in the produce section and headed down the next aisle, which happens to be cleaning products and a small section of dollar merchandise. Well, I'd only taken about four steps when D shouts out, "Look Mom! A popper!!" and tears off ahead of me.

Now we'd had a little discussion before going in the store about how he was going to stay right next to me, so my first thought was Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh! But then I saw what he was running for - toilet plungers. He enthusiastically pulled one out of the display box, smacked it down on the industrial tile floor, then yanked it back up with a very loud KERPLOP! He was laughing so hard, and it really was impossible not to start giggling. I let him "pop" it once more, and then we finished up our shopping.

Who would've thought that toilet plungers would be the highlight of the trip?!

Find time today to revel in the simple joys of life...

2 comments:

Ivymamma said...

I love it! Now you know what to get him for his birthday! or maybe his 1/2 birthday!

Trish D said...

Uh, maybe not!!! He does know what they're actually for, and I'd rather not have any cross-contamination :)