Monday, August 6, 2007

He Who Will Not Grow Weary

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.
Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"?
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:8, 12, 26-31

I admit I'm tired right now. Just drained and kinda frustrated. I have a "To Do" list that's longer than my arm, but it seems that it all takes sooooo much time to get anything accomplished. I know some of that is simply this stage of life: young children generally don't lend themselves to highly productive days. But do I just keep bemoaning that fact, or do I seek the Lord's help? Is my cry for help in including the kids, or just a general "ACK!" and pouring out of frustration? He has all the answers. I know that, but my stubborn humanness keeps getting in the way. But boy, would I love to soar!!

Last week, a stamping friend (who also happens to be a missionary in Indonesia) posted a card with the saying: "Only one life, twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last." Good little saying, right? Well, she added the coment that as missionaries they usually change the phrase to "IN Christ." What a great change! I know that I often tell myself that I'm doing the "right" thing, but whose power am I leaning on?

Lord, help me to lean on you. I burn out very quickly when I do things under my own power. Whatever the task - organizing the kitchen, disciplining the kids, or preparing a lesson - remind me that I need to do it IN YOU. Keep me humble, and mindful of where true strength is found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Quote For the Day: Its hard to soar with the eagles when you work with turkeys. Kidding aside, hope you are having a fun and productive day!