Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chocolate Heaven

Who doesn't love Christmas cookies?!? One of my favorites growing up was always Grandma's Chocolate Crinkles. But as I got older, I realized that they did tend to be just a teensy bit dried out (of course that's a great reason to fire up the coffee pot!) Well, last weekend our pastor's wife brought Chocolate Crinkles to the church decorating night. One bite and I was hooked. I pinned her down and demanded the recipe (OK, so maybe I just smiled sweetly and asked) - she laughed and told me that they were embarassingly easy. Even better! Anyway, I got the recipe earlier this week and decided to bake some up with the kiddos this morning (as I'll be taking some with me for lunch today, a craft night tomorrow, and church on Sunday). Let me tell you, they're truly luscious AND easy! Drooling yet? Here's the recipe so you can bake some up for your family. Easy enough that even a 2 and a 4 year old can make them! :)

Chocolate Crinkles

1 box of chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 Tb water
1/2 c shortening

Blend together in mixer. Roll into balls (walnut size), then roll in powdered sugar and place an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 min.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM..I have a yummy cream cheese mint filling recipe for these cookies if you want it.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

This sounds yummy...You're too kind for sharing your recipes! Never used shortening before. Is that Crisco?