Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More holiday fun

I don't think the Christmas season would be complete without watching a group of kids sing a song or two. They're so doggone cute dressed up in their holiday finery - and then there is the delightfully unpredictable behavior. One hamming it up for mom and dad, while another scowls and refuses to sing a single note. The inevitable nose picking. Ah, good times. And this year's performance was particularly exciting as this was our son's first "public performance." He managed the chorus of "Go, Tell it on the Mountain!" pretty well, and didn't do anything too obnoxious. So can you find him buried in there? Hint: he's wearing red :) Don't forget you can click on the picture for a larger view

In other news, the chocolate crinkles never made it out of the house. There were a number of issues: first off, I made the mistake of leaving the storage container out on the counter. Within reach of little hands. The kids ate more than I want to admit, managed to knock quite a few in the garbage can, and just generally messed up the remaining cookies . Since I didn't want to subject anyone to our kids' drooly leftovers, I made another batch of goodies. And I will now reward my three faithful readers by sharing another tasty recipe!

Peanut Butter Fingers

1 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
1 egg
1 c old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
12 oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c powdered sugar
1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
3 Tb milk

Combine the first 9 ingredients and mix well. Press into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about five minutes, then spread the chocolate evenly over the surface.

Combine the remaining three ingredients in a small bowl and blend. Drizzle over the chocolate, then sprinkle with additional powdered sugar if desired. Cut into small bars.

So there you have it - another tasty but simple holiday treat. Now I'm off to do laundry, sort paperwork, and decide what we're having for dinner. Thrilling stuff, eh?!

4 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

isn't he on the back row?

Those cookies look yummy.... and obviously they were. I'll try the recipe and let you know how they like it here....

Anonymous said...

So you were the one who made THOSE! Those were so yummy. Be glad you little guy wasn't the one busting out Britney Spears moves during the program. I about died laughing.

Ivymamma said...

# 3 checking in. You little guys is too cute! Our "program" is this Sunday.

I'll have to try your peanut butter fingers. Chocolate and peanut butter...you know that will make Mike happy!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Hey, you forgot me...I'm #4...Though I don't visit often, I do read EVERY post from where I last left off(well, sometimes I skip the Friday Funnies)...

The peanut butter fingers sound YUMMY...Another recipe I'll be trying soon! Yippee!!! Thanks for the fun times in the kitchen...Seriously, your recipes have brought our household much JOY!!!