Saturday, March 15, 2008

Checking In

Just wanted to say hello. We're doing OK - the kiddos are officially on the mend (and quite literally bouncing off the walls). Dad's funeral service is today, so my mind is definitely elsewhere. There will be a service out here in a few weeks, so thankfully I'll be able to get to that one.

Things continue to be crazy, though. One of my great aunts passed away earlier this week - that's four family deaths in two weeks. Nuts, I tell ya. And a good friend of ours is currently in the hospital - he was diagnosed with pneumonia last week but it's not improving, was scheduled for a biopsy, and then was hospitalized yesterday afternoon.

So I've been praying a lot. Reading the word, and trying to focus on the fact that God is in control. My feeble human mind may be spinning, but He is sovereign.

Oh, and the flowers? They're from our church family - and can I just say that family is definitely the right word. They've been such a blessing! And the flowers are a lovely bright spot... our son was SOOOOO excited when they were delivered yesterday. He spotted the deliveryman walking up to the house, and started shouting, "There's a party coming!" How can you not laugh at that exuberance?!?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

((((Trish)))) I'm uplifting you and your family in prayer. I'm also praying for your friend that is hospitalized.