Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Updates

Well, we AREN'T digging out from snowmageddon... and while I know that the kiddos would be having a ball playing in the snow right now, I'm not missing the reality of bundling up, shoveling, ice, and crazy Philly drivers.

I had a lovely time at the retreat this weekend and was able to get a lot of stamping done. Hubby thought I was a bit batty to go to a scrapbooking retreat and not make a single scrapbook page - but I'm happy to report that all of us papercrafters got along just fine. We did not, however, break into Kumbaya at any point :) There was a lengthy conversation about handguns and concealed weapons permits, though - yep, I'm in Texas now!! I am more motivated than ever to get my space fully operational and have some craft nights with friends... which actually leads me to this month's goal.

As I shared last month, I generally avoid resolutions, but I decided to set monthly goals. For January, it was to exercise for 20 minutes twice a week. And ---- er, um ----- honestly I didn't do all that well. But I'm going to choose to look at the positive side, and I am thrilled to report that small step *DID* result in me getting more exercise than I would have otherwise. For February, I'm going to continue the exercise plan (after all, the idea here is to steadily improve as opposed to doing really well for a few weeks and then reverting right back to old habits) AND get my craft space up & running. It's the one spot in the house that still has boxes stacked up, and it's definitely getting under my skin. The supplies will be unboxed and put away - items that I'm getting rid of will be stacked in the closet, with a sale planned for March. I can do finer sorting later. I really struggle with the idea that if I can't do it *just* the way I want, then I might as well just leave it heaped up - well, that obviously isn't working for me or my family, and I'm going for progress, not perfection.
Later!

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

That is the key, progress, not perfection!

How do you find out about all these crafting weekend getaways and how much do they usually cost?