Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wet Wednesday

I was planning to run some errands this morning, but it is currently pouring rain so I decided that staying home sounded like a better plan. Thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce the newest member of our family - isn't she lovely?!? We've been planning this purchase for several months now, and after much shopping around we finally settled on this beauty. I cannot even describe my excitement when she was placed in the laundry hallway. Finally, I can buy more than a week's worth of meat at a time. And last night I got a little crazy at Wally World and bought some *big* bags of frozen veggies. I even picked up a second loaf of bread to have on hand. Wahoo!!

In other happenings, we experienced the Great Lego Spill of '10 on Friday. Our son decided that he was going to lug the big bin (stored in his bedroom upstairs) down to the living room. Guess how that worked out? Honestly, it wasn't all that bad to clean up since it was confined to the stairwell - it would have been much worse if it had happened in the LR when they would have rolled under furniture, etc. And for any of you who happen to have bins like this - I highly recommend investing in some little dustpans from the dollar store. We have 2 "scoopers" that are stored right in with the Legos and greatly facilitate clean-up time. I was certainly thankful that we had them this time around!

Our daughter had her first ballet lesson yesterday afternoon, so she has taken to pirouetting about the house... which is pretty funny since she is just about as coordinated as her Mama (which isn't a good thing). In between managing the chaos and stocking the freezer, I have nearly finished packing for my paper bliss weekend.

Lastly, I wanted to share this link for some good, practical tips on involving our children in the simplification process (there's also some great stuff to be found with the "similar posts" link at the bottom). I think that term is suffering from overuse, but there is definitely something to be said for clearing the unnecessary from our lives... still very much a work in progress at the D home.

3 comments:

Dapoppins said...

I will have to follow that link to see what you mean...and your stairs look my my family room. It seems my sons cant build anything unless everything is dumped out and spread all over!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Are you paying for the ballet lessons?

As G is getting older she is beginning to show a lot of interest in drawing and dancing. I was talking to dearhubby about how we can nurture these interests if we don't have much money to send her out to get taught.

Screaming Meme said...

Cute name for a blog! Hi, My name is Meme from Screaming Meme...It is so nice to meet you...

www.thescreamingmeme.blogspot.com
www.thisfamilysgonecrackers.blogspot.com