Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hair Creativity

Our daughter's hair is about shoulder length, but shorter around her face and very fine, so I generally just slap a single barrette or clip in it to try and keep it out of her face. I decided to get creative this morning, though. Couldn't get a french braid to work, so did a simple backtwist with a few strands and then secured it. Managed to snap this picture during the four minutes when it still looked pretty good - most of it has pulled out now and she just has a barrette dangling at the side. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm still trying to figure this out, as I'm used to dealing with my mop...

2 comments:

Ivymamma said...

We have a kids hair place in town that will put braids in your child's hair for about $12. It lasts for about 2 weeks they say (Meredith's only lasted 1.5) and you can still wash it while it is in. I have french braided Meredith's (also very fine) while it was wet and used pomade before braiding. It generally stays for two days and Meredith loves the "curls" when it comes down.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this could be an alternative use for your Crisco! hahahahaha