Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday Crack-Up

The kids were exploring in my crafty space (which will be looking all too swank this evening with the addition of cabinets!) when our son found a little bag with some Andes mints (I use quite a bit of candy to make little "gifty" samples). Our conversation went as follows:

"Mom, what are these?"
"Don't worry about it. They're not for you."
(Enthusiastically) "Wow, I've never had not-for-mes before!!"
(Snorts of laughter from me)

I'm telling you, this little boy never fails to make me laugh. Definitely a good thing today as the kids are still in super whiny/meltdown mode. Neither of them slept that well due to the coughing, and we also realized that our son ate some chocolate covered coffee beans last night. I already have a headache from their fighting. It's not good when both kiddos are in time-out before 7 am. I need to run out for some basic groceries, and then I think we'll be playing outside, followed by Play Dough (always a happy event around here!)

And can I just say that we are having some strange weather! Yesterday barely broke 70, and I made a batch of beef stew for dinner. Not usual late-July fare. It's supposed to be quite cool for the rest of the week, too. I think we've only run our A/C 3 or 4 days so far this summer. Wacky! (And my parents are sweltering out in Montana!) But I'm definitely NOT complaining. Quite refreshing to have summer electric bills under $200.

Have a great Tuesday!!

2 comments:

Ivymamma said...

The newspaper today reported that in the last month there have been only SIX days below 90 degrees!!! I don't even want to know what my eletric bill has been, but my gas bill was only $27!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Hmmm...I wonder if your weather's been just a little different from ours, even if we're only an hour south...I normally look forward to the summer months because our electric bill is always considerably the lowest during this time...Well, for the first time in the 7 years we've been here, we've had an electric bill greater than $200, 2 months in a row!!! That was just unbelievable and shocking for me...I guess having 2 babies, especially a newborn, who is easily overheated, needs to have that A/C...Well, yippeee on your electric savings!!!