Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday Memory - My Home Town

Ah, more fun reminiscing! I was born and raised in Billings, Montana, and have many wonderful memories of "The Magic City" (although I've gotta say that nickname always seemed rather silly to me!) It started out a railroad town, and is now the largest city in the region: estimates put it at just over 100,000. Tiny by East Coast standards, but it truly has a larger "feel" to it, with the airport, hospitals, museums, etc.

It really is lovely, with bluffs on the north side, a/k/a "The Rims." I always liked sitting up there, looking out over the city and at the mountains (on clear days) or chatting with friends. It's especially pretty at night, and absolutely breathtaking during storms (I love watching lightning!). Like any teenager, I spent plenty of time hanging at the mall, but I always loved that we could hop in a car and drive out of the city in a relatively brief time - a feeling I really miss out here in PA, where the houses never seem to end! I also miss the low humidity :)


My parents still live there, and I do enjoy visiting. Can't wait to share the magic of The Rims with our kids (if I can keep our son from excessive exploration!) Learn more about Billings here or here.


Share your own memory, and join in the Monday Memory fun!!

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I've always heard good things about Montana, especially about the scenery there. Never been there...Gotta put it on our list of places to go (for when we do our next cross country trip).

Thanks for joining in :) Isn't reminiscing so much fun? It also allows us to record these stories to tell to our children and grandchildren.