Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain and Date Night

So this is what yesterday afternoon looked like at our house. Definitely put a crimp in my sanding/painting plans... I have some things I need to do this morning, but hopefully I can finish sanding this afternoon.

Had a wonderful time with my hubby last night. Went to Carlucci's for dinner, a place we'd driven by many times (and heard good things about), but never stopped. The food was fantastic. Wonderfully fresh ingredients, and just generally yummy. Plus we have enough leftovers that we'll be dining on it again tonight! We wandered the mall just a bit after that, and I've come to the realization that I'm a boring "old" person. We checked out pricing on cell phone plans, laughed about the fashions on display in the store windows, warded off overzealous kiosk vendors (no, I DON'T want lotion, gold bracelets, photo T-shirts or cheesy framed art!!) and basically just strolled around holding hands. Didn't spend a penny, but still enjoyable. There were several times that I caught myself watching the little groups of teens that seemed to be everywhere, thinking how young they loooked, wondering if their parents know where they are, how they're acting and what they're wearing... and then thinking back to when I used to hang out and window shop with friends. Was it really almost twenty years ago? Funny memories, but I'm so thankful to be where I am now.

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

That date night sounded so nice even warding off those kiosk vendors...Just time with your hubby is worth more than a million $, right?...and that's why you didn't have to spend a penny because you had everything you needed and wanted right there with you:)...

(By the way...you're not old and boring...You're way cool!!!)

Hope you'll get the opportunity to do more work on your cabinets today and then installed by tomorrow:) Can't wait to see the finished project!!!