Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Random Thoughts...

We have a clock on the wall in our kitchen. It can also be seen from the living room, and that's where I always look to check the time. Well, last year the clock died. I picked up another from a yard sale, but it only lasted a few months. We had been "clock-less" for a couple weeks, and I decided to remedy the situation using a gift card we were given for Christmas. I was very happy with this one - simple but still has some personality. Works with the current colors in the kitchen and will still coordinate when we repaint (tentatively scheduled for later this year). Hubby came home, and I asked his opinion. He glanced over and said he liked it. Looked again, and then said, "You know that's going to drive me crazy." Say what?

Check out the four. Far as I know, that "number" doesn't exist. At least they got the nine right! What's even funnier is that I really looked at the clocks earlier today while I was out shopping (at a different store, I might add) and they had four different models that were also wrong. And I noticed that a friend's clock had the same issue. So now I'm seeing it everywhere - and wondering if the issue will be eventually be corrected or if "IIII" will eventually become acceptable.

In other news, I had cheetos today. Well, actually Crunchy Cheese Curls because I'm too cheap to buy the name brand. These are seldom seen in our home as they tend to disappear too quickly, but I tossed a bag in the cart when I went shopping earlier in the week. Had some with lunch, and it struck me that I was also sipping Diet Coke. Not exactly a healthful combo, but I had to document the occurrence for you, Jenn! Wanna play cribbage now? :) (For those of you who want in on the joke, my college roommate and I spent many an evening playing cards while dining on fine fare such as this - time that probably should have been devoted to studying, but we sure had more fun doing it our way!)

2 comments:

Ivymamma said...

oh, I love it! I'd love to play cribbage, and when you do come to visit, I'll have the cheetos, diet coke and cards ready to go. This time we won't be putting off the studying though!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Aaaaahhhh! The clock thing is going to drive me mad now!!! When I go shopping, I won't even look...

Happy Birthday Little A!