Friday, January 25, 2008

Not-So-Funny Friday

Well, exactly two weeks after her 3rd birthday, our daughter has gotten her first "real" haircut.

From her brother.

To say I wasn't pleased would be an understatement. I actually had tears welling up in my eyes as I took in what was happening. I was washing dishes in the kitchen, and just a few feet away in the living room, our son apparently told our daughter that she needed a haircut. She obligingly stayed still.

He did some serious chopping, and her hair is now approximately 1/2 inch long in some places. Thankfully those places are in the back.

So this is what D cut off. Check out the looooong, cute curls.

This is what I trimmed off, trying to make it somewhat presentable.



















And here's the final result. Actually somewhat cute, but I'm already missing those curls. I know it's just hair - and it's not as though she really cares. When she saw herself in the mirror, she just started giggling. Guess I oughta take my cue from her :)

4 comments:

Michele Cronsell said...

She looks cute!

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH NO!!!!!!! However ..she does look adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Mu 2 year old DD cut her own hair right before Christmas. She cut a big patch out of the side, right down to the scalp! Like, you, I gave her a bob to try to hide it a bit. I had to cut off her adorable baby curls, too. Here's to our little ones' hair growing super fast to cover up their exploration!

She looks super cute, BTW!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Oh no!!! I know what you mean about the tears welling in your eyes...

However, the new do looks AWESOME!!! You did a good job fixing it!