Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tired.

There's just a lot going on right now. And so many of my close friends are hurting. My heart aches, but there's nothing I can DO except pray. I know that's a lot, but there's still a part of me that wants to somehow make it better, to ease the pain. But that's just not going to happen.

Plus our little family has quite a bit going on, and I'm really trying to watch my attitude. But sometimes there's a fine line between being realistic and being negative, and I'm definitely walking it right now.

I've mentioned a couple times that I have a "deep" post coming. It's still brewing, getting ready to serve :) But what it all boils down to is my identity. Who exactly am I? We've all seen the long lists of titles - wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... not to mention chef, janitor, secretary, taxi driver... But what is most important? I am a child of God. But frankly I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of demonstrating that on a daily basis. I tend to say I'm human, and use that as a blanket excuse for my many shortcomings. But I also can't get caught up in guilt.

I'm tired.

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (Amplified)

2 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

Did I write this? No, but I definitely could have. I've also been reminded of Philippians a lot these days, so I think it's cool that you chose that verse. We weren't meant to live w/o that daily walk with God. Continue to cling to Him in times like this. I'll be praying for you sister... I mean Princess Trish. Choose joy!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Your prayers mean a lot. Thank you for them!

We will be praying for you also!

Did I ever tell you that you are a wonderful encourager!