Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

Good morning! I seem to have picked up whatever viral thing our little girl was fighting off last week, so am feeling rather mopey. I have a lot I need to get done, and would really appreciate your prayers that we can all get - and stay - healthy! On a happier note, we are having the most glorious weather - sunshiny but nice and cool. I actually ended up baking some banana bread this morning... the kids definitely approved, because they've already put a sizable dent in one loaf :) It really is yummy, and thought I'd share the recipe:


Low Fat Banana Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup wheat germ
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 Tb vanilla

Heat oven to 375. Combine all ingreds and stir in 1 c raisins or choco chips if desired. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans (approx 5x9), and bake 45-50 minutes (until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean).

Hope you all have a blessed day!

3 comments:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Ok, another dumb question...What's wheat germ and where do I get it? Otherwise, this recipe sounds great and I've already got it saved in my Online Recipes to Try folder!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a recipe that doesn't call for 10 lbs of sugar! I am going to try this soon. Thanks for posting it.

Dapoppins said...

I have everything to make that, except the bananas and the applesauce. Usually banana's don't last long enough around here to get ripe...but as I am looking for stuff to stuff in the kids, I will so keep this in mind.

thank you for the glue advise!