Monday, June 16, 2008

Interesting Weekend

Well, we've made it through another weekend - that's about all I can say :) We had originally planned to go away this weekend to a local amusement park and the strawberry festival at a friend's family farm, but hubby couldn't get the time off work, so that plan was canned. Instead, we stayed close to home and got a few things done around here. The big excitement of the weekend? Our computer died. Hubby had been working on something and had a program running, and I wanted to check email.... next thing we knew, we had a black screen telling us that "windows" was missing. NOT GOOD. Thankfully hubby was able to salvage most of our stuff; we hadn't backed up for a couple months, so immediately I was thinking of the pictures from D's birthday party, adorable pics of A in her little hat, etc. That hard drive really is kaput, but hubby's been able to move a few pics at a time, and got our main PC up and running with another hard drive. Hallelujah!

Yesterday was not only Father's Day, it was also our 12 year anniversary. I can't believe it! I had mentioned this fact to a friend earlier in the week, and she exclaimed, "I was just graduating from college then!" Well, so were we - but then got hitched six weeks later :) Looking back, I have to laugh about some of the crazy stuff that we've done, but I am truly blessed with the man that God has given to me. So how did we celebrate the momentous occasion? Well, church first (I sang, he ran sound), home for a lunch of taco salad, worked on the computer, had several discussions with our son about respectful behavior, pasta for dinner, quick grocery run, and family fun in our little pool... oh, and topped off with the new episode of Ice Road Truckers. Pretty thrilling, huh? Seriously, though, it was very nice just to have a bit of a break from the crazy busyness we've been experiencing lately. And we'll have a very nice date next week to clebrate in grand style!

Ooh, one more thing - I just want to say how once again how amazed I am at the way God blesses our little family. Yesterday at church we were given two large bags of clothes for our daughter. They're good quality and absolutely adorable - oh, and included amongst them were two beautiful dresses, so we're all set for Christmas AND Easter! Wow. Next story: Our living room carpet desperately needs replaced (it wasn't top quality to begin with, and it's at least 14 years old), and we were hoping to do wood but it was just too pricey. Well, a friend brought over 340 sq ft of wood parquet flooring yesterday - leftovers from a project he'd helped out with. Not only can we do the living room, but even the hall and entryway! Double wow. I fully realize that these things aren't exactly "needs," but honestly that's why I am so incredibly thankful. Thank you, Jesus!

3 comments:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I truly understand the anxiety you went through when you thought about losing your pictures. That's always the first thing I think of when something goes wrong with our computer. What a blessing it is to have such a computer whiz of a husband!

Way to go on all the goods! God is amazingly and abundantly good!

Shay said...

BTDT with losing pics - I lost five month's worth a few years ago and have been a freak about saving mine ever since. Glad your hubs has been able to save yours! :) Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for techie husbands and hand-me-downs. I've actually been meaning to tell you how much we've used the summer outfits you gave us for Katie...so THANKS!!! And happy Anniversary!