Friday, June 27, 2008

Thankful It's Friday

Whew! I sold off a good amount of stuff last night, but am still hopeful that more will go tonight and tomorrow. Here's a peek at just a bit of what I have - and this is just half the stamp table (don't get me started on the scrapbook albums and paper, embellishments, books, alterables...) I still need to come up with a firm plan for the leftovers, but it seems that God has opened a door for me to sell off some stuff at another church's cropping night, so we'll see where that leads.

It seems like this sell-off has occupied every moment recently. I can't help but feel like so much of it is a waste - I wasted our family's resources by purchasing so excessively, and now I'm forced to use precious time to sort and sell. Not a good cycle, and hopefully the lesson will "stick" with me.

So what else is going on? Well, we're in the midst of mini heat-wave, so we'll probably spend some quality time in the pool. Hubby and I are attending a wedding tomorrow of one of his co-workers, and I might finagle a dance or two out of him. The coming week is a bit less crazy; we have a mommy/kid playdate scheduled, and will be going to a picnic on Friday. And I'm happy to report that my friend who had surgery for breast cancer is home and doing well, so hopefully she'll be up to a visit this week, too. And in happy news, our blueberries are ripe and yummy; when the kids play outside, they always seem to have purple lips when they come back in :)

Lastly, I just wanted to share a verse that really jumped out at me while I was doing some blog hopping this morning, courtesy of Denise:

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. (I Thess 4:7)

Doesn't get any more straightforward than that.

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I am so proud of you for being able to let go of your stuff!!! I like to hang on to things "just in case" and I know how difficult it is to just let go!

Those blueberries look YUMMY! Did you plant them or were they already there when you bought the house? Since starting our little garden, I've been dreaming about what to do for next year, already, and I want to do strawberries and blueberries!