Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday - Tag, You're It!

Shay tagged me over the weekend, and the rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

Only 6 crazy facts about me? I have hundreds of fun quirks! But I don't want to scare anyone too badly on a Monday morning, so here's my list:
  1. Bugs love me. Seriously, I am repellent for everyone else within a quarter mile, because I guarantee the mosquitoes will be feasting on my arms and legs!
  2. I am a klutz. If there is lint on the floor, I will probably trip on it. Sadly, our daughter seems to have inherited this trait.
  3. I adore Cary Grant movies. I was first introduced to his delightful comic timing when I was on a late night babysitting gig in high school, and My Favorite Wife was on AMC. I still crack up at the scene in the elevator.
  4. I hate Doritos. That powdery cheese coating is nasty!
  5. Two kids, zero contractions. I had my natural childbirth plans all made, but our son decided to turn after his due date, and there was no way I was pushing that kid out sideways (he was 8 lb, 15 oz). Daughter came along 21 months later, and it was another c-section. She was 9 lb, 6 oz - and she was early! Yep, we grow 'em big :)
  6. I've tried out tons of different crafts over the years - sewing, making dolls from cotton mops, embroidery, covering photo albums - but they all fell to the wayside when I discovered rubber stamping. Yep, I'm pretty much obsessed. And the best part? I'm on a design team where the owner gives me stamps and making stuff is actually a job! Bliss.

So now it's time to make some other folks come up with their own lists. So I'm tagging Jenn, Megan, InPursuitOfHisCall, Shari, Becca and Dapoppins. You're all so very welcome (hee hee) - now flaunt your idiosyncrasies for the world to see!!

Finally, some words I really needed this morning, from Andrea at The Flourishing Mother:

When I get discouraged about the future, or about waiting on God's timing, I try to imagine myself as the Proverbs 31 woman, "laughing at the future."

I definitely need to remember that, and figured there were others who'd appreciate it, too. Hope y'all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Dapoppins said...

I think your right, we are really related, as we have both had big babies! HA!

I will get to the tag next week I think...we are going to El Paso to visit family tomorrow...El Paso. There is a big Army Base there, other than that, it I keep hearing that it is the ArmPit of Texas.

Shay said...

I knew I was forgetting something! I meant to come back and reply when you did this but forgot. Thanks for playing along! LOL about you and the Doritos.... I have a serious weakness for that fake powdered cheese. :P