Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ahh...

Last night was a little strange - hubby fell asleep after dinner, and the kids went to bed early, too. Our son is fighting off a cold - slight fever and a nasty sounding cough. Man, I was really hoping for a few weeks of health around here. The house was really quiet, and I managed to do some serious sorting in my craft space. Felt good!

We didn't really do much for Valentine's Day, but hubby and I will hopefully be going out on Monday evening (yet another reason I'm hoping the kids are healthy). I did make a batch of cookies for my valentine; he's crazy for coconut, so I whipped these up and added some pecans (he likes nuts - he married me, right?) Even made the coconut red in honor of love day. (You can easily color flaked coconut: just toss it into a ziploc bag with a few drops of food coloring and shake away).

In other exciting news, we've scored yet more exciting goodies from other people's trash! I'd noticed that a house down the street had put out a Little Tikes table/2 chairs by their garage earlier in the week. I was keeping an eye out for it, just hoping they'd be putting it out on the curb. Well... turns out they not only put THAT out, but also this great princess tent. There was a bit of sludge on one side from where it had been leaning in the dirt, but it was in really good condition. A quick wipe down, and the kiddos were soon hiding out.

We actually have a relatively quiet weekend ahead of us, too. Some plans were cancelled, so we've found ourselves with some unexpected time. Woo-Hoo!! Will probably just putter around the house - hubby wants to fix the drippy kitchen faucet, and I'd like to do a bit of deep cleaning here and there. We'll probably watch Daytona tomorrow afternoon, although we haven't really been following NASCAR all that closely the past few years. Way too much drama and politics lately and not enough good racing. I know they've promised to change some things, so we'll see. Anyway, I'm off and running! Hopefully you all are having enjoyable weekends, too.

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Those princess tents were also on clearance at Target. I forget how much they were, but relatively cheap, like 75% off. But, it's way cool that you got it for free! Little A must be excited! Have the kiddos had a camp-in yet?
Those cookies look yummy and the colored coconut, thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, we're not keen on coconut around her :(
We got a Little Tikes table and 1 chair from the curb too! This trash picking is such a money saver! That should be part of the money savings list...
Hope you're having a good week! Did you have a good Valentine's date on Monday?
OK, it's almost time for Lost...This is one of the only shows we watch...Bye!!!Enjoy Survivor!!!