Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In Memory

I just got word that my Grandmother passed away. They had farmed in Minnesota for many years; my Dad is one of their five children. I have fun memories of visiting the farm in the summertime - exploring the woods, playing in the attic... When they retired, they moved to Missouri.

This picture was taken in June 95, and my grandfather passed away just a few months later. After that, she moved in with my aunt and uncle, and had lived in Alabama for several years.


This picture was taken when we visited in October 03 and she met her newest great grandbaby.

I made this card for her when she turned 90 in '05. I'm not sure when the picture was taken, but isn't it lovely?

She broke her hip a few weeks ago, and after a series of complications she went home to be with her Savior this morning.

6 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother's passing. I know you'll miss her, but cherish those memories and rejoice in the hope that you'll see her again someday!!! My heart goes out to you.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I'm sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing...She had a long life here on earth and she was probably looking forward to going home, to be with her Heavenly Father! Cherish those memories and her "spirit" will truly live on...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. The picture of her and little D is so sweet.

Ivymamma said...

We are so sorry! Mike saw the picture of her and D and said, "yup, that's a Swanson!" What a great picture and great memory! Let me know if we can do anything for your parents.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. Will you be going out there to be with family? The card is lovely, glad you shared your picture of it!

Shay said...

Trish I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. The pictures are sweet, and the card is just lovely.