Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time for Tea

We have a ladies tea at church this afternoon. "Simplici-Tea" to be exact - our speaker will share our ideas on simplying our lives and focusing on God. Sounds like a winner to me!

True confession time: this is the first time I've ever made tea sandwiches. My idea of party fare is generally more along the lines of filling the crock pot with meatballs and piling rolls into a basket. But now I'm forced to be genteel. If nothing else, I get points for presentation, right? Wash the dust off the cake plate, plunk down a few doilies and all is well.

In other news, we're all healthy again. We actually didn't have the bad version of the stomach bug, for which I'm very, VERY grateful. But I have another weird issue. My ears have been "plugged" for about two weeks now. Not quite sure what's going on, but it's incredibly frustrating not to be able to hear. I'd hoped it would clear up on its own, but now will be going to the doc this coming week to see what's up. In the meantime, I'm only catching about 50% of most conversations, which is driving my hubby bonkers and leading to some hilarious (albeit frustrating to both of us) dialogues.

Him: So were the kids good today?
Me: Yeah, it's already at the curb.
Him: What?!? No. THE KIDS.
Me: Oh! I picked up another box the last time I went shopping.

Hmmm... wonder what I'll be learning this afternoon? :)

3 comments:

Ivymamma said...

Seems to me like we've had conversations like that before! Kind of like talking to my preteen (did i say pre-teen????) that talks so fast you can't understand half of what she says!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you learn any handy tips for simplifying! I am sitting here waiting for potential renters who aren't showing up...I just don't have time to simplify! hahaha :)
Nice sandwiches.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

So, did you learn to throw your kids in the trash and buy new ones from your "Simplici-Tea" ;) I hope your hearing was good enough to catch some good points...