Friday, February 22, 2008

Where has the week gone?

So here's the view out our backdoor this morning - I'm thinkin' it's a good day to make up a big pot of corn chowder and some homemade bread. Mmm Mmm Good!

I know I've been unusually quiet this week. I've actually been trying to spend less time online, as it's a big time sucker for me. We're staying healthy, although our little boy is still coughing occasionally. Made it out to MOPS on Tuesday, which was a welcome break. Also ran some errands - exciting stuff like Target and the grocery store :) Went to the dentist on Wednesday night; I'd scheduled this appointment last year, knowing that I needed to replace at least one of the large fillings that I'd had done in high school with a crown. We upgraded our insurance accordingly. Good thing, because turns out that I need THREE crowns. No root canals, though (phew!!) Man, dental work is expensive. I joke that I have the equivalent of a car in my mouth now - thing is, it's currently a Nissan but rapidly becoming a BMW.

Later!!

3 comments:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I have a love-hate relationship with my computer as well. For me, I do like to blog. It's not necessarily for the audience or else I would have stopped blogging a long time ago. I like to record my thoughts and if others happen to read and comment, then that's fine. What's annoying is that I think too much and have a lot to jot down, but sometimes I don't have the time. Then, my thoughts just kind of flood my head and then I have to open up the flood gates. So, you'll notice on my blog where I'll go weeks and weeks hardly posting anything and then wham! I'll post 100 posts (exaggeration) all of a sudden. Anyway, it's good to take a break from being online...I keep coming back because it does help keep me in touch with the outside when I'm feeling that cabin fever from being inside too long with the girls. I've really cut down on how many times I go out a week with the girls to only 2 times during the week. It's hard to stay home, but that's what I need to do to keep up (and I still have trouble with it). Anyway, glad your dentist appointment went well. I can't say I'm jealous of your BMW.

Trish D said...

It's funny - I started out blogging simply so I could share pics of the kids with long-distance family. But then I started adding stories. And then my thoughts. And meaningful verses. And links to other great stuff. It really is more like a journal for me, and I thoroughly enjoy the process. Just need to readjust my priorities sometimes.

Ivymamma said...

I think it has to have a set time, because blogging for me can take up hours one day and then nothing the next! I too started out just wanting to share pictures, but I like that it has become a journal of sorts..or kind of a scrapbook.

I think Mikalah's working towards that BMW!