Monday, April 7, 2008

Heeeeeeere's Monday!

Well, we kicked off our weekend by getting up at 4:30 Saturday morning to take hubby to the airport. I don't recommend that particular activity - it leaves you alone with cranky children.

So moving on to Sunday... I'm teaching the 2-3 YOs this month. I really do enjoy it, but it's pretty challenging keeping them interested when their attention spans are approx 23.7 seconds. Oh, and there were 18 of them. Yikes! Even with two helpers we had our hands full. We did have a good time learning about the Good Samaritan, and even made paper plate donkeys. Good times!

Today is pretty low key. I'm doing normal catch-up (laundry, dishes, etc.) and also trying to do some in-depth cleaning (the kitchen floor reallllly needs more than a 6 minute mop job). I have a huge pile of outgrowns/no-longer-neededs in the garage, and am hoping it gets even bigger in the next two days as I do more de-cluttering. Salvation Army drop-off is scheduled for Thursday.

This weekend definitely felt spring-like, but today is much cooler. I'm so happy to see things leafing out and blooming! This shot is from the cherry bushes alongside our house. A friend posted earlier today about the phrase "Bloom Where You're Planted" and it really got me thinking. It's so easy to make excuses about why I'm not doing something, but God has given me all that I need for where I am right now. I read II Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. I'd say that's pretty clear. And then I continued reading: "This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ... " (vs 12-13a) Wow. Time to stop yapping and start doing. Bloom.

And finally, another kid story to share. Evidently we are raising a pantheist, as our son has been singing, "God is the world" ("God is so good" morphed with "God made the world") all weekend. Ever tried to convince a 5 YO that his doctrine is faulty, and that words really do matter?! I think we have it all straightened out now, and I think he even got what I was trying to tell him. He'd made this "vention" last week by pulling a few things from the recycling bin. I was able to use that as an example - he'd made it, but that wasn't him (he got a laugh out of me calling the contraption by his name, though!) Definitely a God-thing that I was able to come up with that example, as my mind doesn't normally work that fast. So cool to see him growing in understanding... (Prov 3:13)

4 comments:

Ivymamma said...

Great creativity - both boy & Momma!

Shay said...

lol at the 'God is the world' song.... funny how they make you really examine your own beliefs, as you try to explain them! When my DD was a little thing she once told me that Moses was in her belly, because Jesus was in her heart.

Unknown said...

It's so awesome that you even bother to correct him!

many parents would just think it's cute and let it slide, but who knows the spiritual impact of singing god is the world to yourself!

Next he'd be wanting to watch Oprah/Tolle church services... lol

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Amazing, how God gave you that quick mind to correct Little D! God is faithful to His own and He will not let them live in blindness.

I would laugh too if I looked at that "vention" and imagined calling it me...It's amazing where little minds go...

Praise God for a good lesson!

Also, thank you for expanding on the "Bloom where you're planted" saying with a scripture:)

Hope you're all ok with Big D in China?! How long is he there for?