Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Funny


You Know You're a Mom When...

  • You automatically double-knot everything you tie.
  • You find yourself humming "Sesame Street" as you do the dishes.
  • You hear a baby cry in the grocery store, and you start to gently sway back and forth, back and forth. However, your children are at school!
  • You actually start to like the smell of strained carrots mixed with applesauce.
  • You weep through the scene in Dumbo when his mom is taken away, not to mention what Bambi does to you.
  • You get soooo into crafts you contemplate writing a book called 101 Fun Crafts to do with Dryer Lint and Eggshells.
  • You are out for a nice romantic meal with your husband, enjoying some real adult conversation, when suddenly you realize that you've reached over and started to cut up his steak.


Things Your Mother Wouldn't Say

"Be good and for your birthday I'll buy you a motorcycle!"
"How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?"
"Don't bother wearing a jacket--it's quite warm out."
"Let me smell that shirt--yeah, it's good for another week."
"I think a cluttered bedroom is a sign of creativity."
"Yeah, I used to skip school, too."
"Just leave all the lights on...it makes the house more cheery."
"Could you turn the music up louder so I can enjoy it, too?"
"Run and bring me the scissors! Hurry!"
"Aw, just turn these undies inside out. No one will ever know."
"I don't have a tissue with me--just use your sleeve."
"Well, if Timmy's Mom says it's okay, that's good enough for me."
"Of course you should walk to school and back. What's the big deal about having to cross a few main streets?"

2 comments:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Would you be considered a bad mother if you did say those things? :)

I think I've already said a few of them...

Trish D said...

You know, I was thinking the same thing :) My 4 YO is currently going through a phase where he wants to change his clothes every time he gets a drip of water on them (which translates to about 14x day), so I'm constantly telling him that they're not really dirty...