Tuesday, August 20, 2013

French Dip Sandwiches (Crock pot)


3-4 lb chuck roast
1 can french onion soup
2 cups reduced sodium beef broth

1 c dried mushrooms + 1 c hot water
1 large onion sliced


Trim fat from roast. Brown on both sides (wiht a Tb or 2 of olive oil). Once browned, place in crock pot along with soup, broth, and mushrooms if desired. Saute onions in the pan you used for the roast with the same oil/drippings, then place on top of roast. Cook on high for 6 hours. Shred meat and place on rolls, then top with cheese of your choice (hubby & I like provolone, kids like American)

Shortcut cheesy veggies: Dump together 16 oz frozen California blend and a bag of cheesy veggies (Green Giant & Bird's Eye each have their own version)Heat on stove top or microwave until heated through.Still plenty of cheesy goodness to satisfy the kids :)

This officially concludes the transferring of recipes (for full explanation, see HERE). Seriously, I promise this is not a cooking blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I saw all your posts on my reader and thought there was a glitch...like...Trish posted 15 times? And you did. :) Now I shall go finish roasting a chicken that is not seasoned with a 16 spice blend of pricey-ness. Maybe I'll even crack open a box of instant mashed potatoes..lol!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if my comment went through or not...I thought my reader had a glitch when I saw all the posts from you. I got so confused! I roasted a chicken tonight, minus the fancy spice pack, and mashed potatoes that didn't come out of a box!