Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Today our darling little boy turned 4. It hardly seems possible! We're not celebrating until Saturday, as it's just not complete without Daddy... thankfully at this point he still doesn't really understand about the actual date. He's very, very excited to be 4, though. Kind of fun, as this is the first time he's really anticipating his birthday, and has told me many times over the past few weeks that he's going to be a "big 4 boy." The most exciting change for him is moving up to the preschool class at church; he's recently been getting rather bored with the goings-on in the 2's and 3's class. So although we didn't have any big to-do here, I watched my "big boy" play today and was just a teensy bit sad about how quickly he's growing up.

So now that I've babbled on, how about some pictures? Today was a sunny sixty degrees, so we soaked up the sun. Both kids were totally hamming it up today, so I didn't get any nice pictures, but I promise they'll make you smile! And I also just had to share the cherry blossoms and our little visitor in amongst the forsythia...

1 comment:

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Hi - I've been MIA from commenting for awhile. Anyway, tears started to well in my eyes as I read your comment, "I watched my 'big boy' play today and was just a teensy bit sad about how quickly he's growing up." I feel the same way about DearDaughter...Yesterday, we were watching some videos of DearDaughter and DearHubby was explaining to DearDaughter that the "baby" on the video was her when she was "brand new". Then I commented about how we'll be having a brand new baby soon and DearHubby chimed in and said, "yeah, because we're tired of the old baby" (which isn't true). Anyway, all that to say that time is going by so fast. Pretty soon we'll be blogging about our kids' first cars...By the way, Happy Belated Birthday to Little D.