Friday, March 9, 2007

One of those weeks...

It's been one of those weeks. My mouth is still really bothering me (although I must say it's a great diet plan to eat only mushy foods - I've lost six pounds since Sunday!), my car wouldn't start on Wed so I missed one of my appointments, both kids are now running fevers, the ants we'd been fighting in our living room (and thought we had successfully vanquished) have returned, and the house is in a state of complete disarray. Oh, and did I mention that my husband is leaving tomorrow for a three week business trip on the other side of the world?!?

Last night I was really struggling with "Poor Me" syndrome - none of these things are really major, but I'm just tired of dealing with it all. But then I was reminded that it's not about me - it's about HIM. I need to stop looking around and shift my focus upwards:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world give. Do not let your hearts be troubled..." John 14:27

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

"...We rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has give us." Romans 5:3-5

3 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

Big Hug from MI, although you would probably appreciate a chaufer and a good baby sitter.
It seems when it rains it pours, but that's when we hold on tighter to the only one who can truly help us, right?? I'm praying for your strength and comfort, and endurance over the three weeks that he's gone.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Here's a wink ; and a smile ) for you ;)

God will never leave or forsake you and though we are a distance away, we're here carrying up your burdens to the Lord and we trust that He will be with you to provide you the strength, peace, and joy through this challenging time. Also praying for your hubby!

Ivymamma said...

Wow, girl, overwhelming! I'll definitely be praying these next few weeks. I'm sure you'll settle into a routine. sometimes, when hubby's away it can be a bit easier - no one else to consult on decisions, just make them yourself!

Love the new site!